The house is located two blocks north of the Civic Center, making it an ideal location for all attending or preforming at events held there. The Civic Center hosts most of the events in Rapid City such as the Stock Show, The Local Symphony , Musical Theatre and any artist traveling through the area. Adjacent to the Civic Center is Memorial Park which hosts outdoor events, with it's small lake and rose garden. It connects to the walking/bike trial that runs along Rapid Creek.
The City recently constructed a pass-through from Memorial Park to Main Street Square which puts you in the heart of Downtown Rapid City, with all the shopping and dining that's offered there. Main Street Square also hosts year round events. Our location is perfect for a "couples getaway".
ABOUT THE LOCATION OF THE HOUSE:
John was a prominent local business man with mercantiles on Main Street in both Deadwood and Rapid City. He became the first President of the local power company. A main through fare in Rapid City (Haynes Blvd.) is named in his honor.
Mr Haynes built his house in downtown Rapid City. In the early 1950's it was moved to it's current location to house the Benedictine Sisters who served St.John's Church (later became St.Therese Church) The nuns lived in the house, the basement was used for a kindergarten school. After the school closed in 1981, the house was sold to the Oblate sisters. When the convent dwindled in number, it was donated back to the Catholic Diocese. In 2008 it was sold to Amie Kelly.
Bed & Breakfast
For B&B inquiries and bookings, please go to the Contact Page.
This is a picture of the house before it was moved. It had a wrap around porch that was later enclosed.